Please read through the questions and answers below to learn more about the services I offer. Have a question that I haven't covered or want more information about your specific photography needs? Please contact me and I will be more than happy to answer your questions. Thanks so very much!
- How much do you charge for wedding photography and what is included?
For full wedding package information please contact me for packages and pricing or we can set up a free consultation meeting.
- Do you offer discounts?
I am happy to offer a discount to current military and veterans. I also offer discounts for employees of Modesto City Schools.
- What do you require to book a session or wedding?
In order to consider your session or wedding officially booked, I must receive a retainer and a signed contract. For sessions I ask for a $100 retainer, while weddings require a $500 retainer. The reason for this is, if you book your session or wedding/event with me I then must block off the time on my calendar for your session/wedding/event and I cannot take any more business for that time and/ or date. Any inquiries I receive for your booked date/time I turn away and potentially lose out on business. Therefore, I cannot guarantee my availability for your session or wedding without a signed contract and a paid retainer.
- Do you travel?
YES! I cannot say that loud enough. I love to travel, both for portrait sessions and for weddings.
- What will we discuss at our consultation meeting?
We will discuss the details of your wedding (venue, theme, discuss your photography needs), your vision for photography, discuss a shot list, timeline, and what to expect from me during your wedding day. I will also show you a full wedding portfolio and provide you with a contract and pricing information to review.
- Why do you charge what you charge?
Let me start by saying that photography is an investment. It is an investment in your memories, your emotions, and your life. Most importantly, it is an investment of time. While I may spend one hour photographing you during a regular session or up to 10 hours photographing your wedding, there is so much more time that I spend behind the scenes. Let me review just a few of the things that I do for each and every portrait session and/ or wedding:
- Writing, editing, and completing the contract (1 hour)
- Communicating with the client (emails, phone calls, etc.) (1-2+ hours)
- Research current photographic trends and methods that align with our vision (3+ hours)
- Driving to and from the session location or wedding venue (1+ hours, depending on location)
- Develop a shot list and time line with client, plus revisions (3+ hours)
- Arrive early at the location / visit the venue to scout out the best areas to photograph (lighting, background, etc.) (1 hour or more + travel time depending on location)
- Actual shooting time at the session or wedding (between 1-10 hours)
- Pay for second shooter (if requested at wedding)
- Uploading, downloading, culling (selecting images), editing, and retouching images (10-40+ hours depending on length of session/wedding)
All of this is in addition to the cost of my business license, website, insurance, skill, equipment, and other business expenses.